Field educators can join NANFED as individuals or through school or consortia sponsored membership. Annual membership dues support NANFED activities, which include:
- Supporting the development of Regional Field Consortia, and providing communication to and across consortia.
- Sponsoring the annual Heart of Social Work Award, the only national award honoring excellence in social work field instruction.
- Sponsoring the Dean Schneck Memorial Award for Distinction in Social Work Field Education, recognizing significant contributions by field educators.
- Hosting the Heart of Social Work Award reception and NANFED Annual Business Meeting at the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) Annual Program Meeting (APM).
- Ensuring the viability and visibility of the Field Education Track of the CSWE APM, fostering track leadership, abstract submission, and peer review participation by field consortia members and field educators.
- Identifying issues relevant to field education to be addressed by NANFED, the CSWE Council on Field Education, and at the CSWE APM.
- Mentoring new field directors.
- Providing information and networking through nanfed.com.
Annual Membership Dues:
NANFED is committed to membership access. In response to member feedback, we have implemented a tiered dues structure.
|Individual||$25||An individual field director or coordinator without institutional sponsorship|
|Institution||$50||Covers all field directors/coordinators in a single institution|
|ConsortiumUp to 10 schools11-20 schoolsOver 20 schools||$35/school$30/school$25/school||Consortia range in size from 2 to 31 schools. Dues paid in this category should reflect the total number of schools within the consortium.|
Membership forms are available at the Membership Dues tab.